Sunday, August 9, 2009

We're Expecting!!!!

The mommy:
The daddy:
Hahahaha! Not us! But my little chicken had been missing on and off for about a week. Well, Mike found where she was laying (behind our fencing and Mike's duck decoys). I think gestation is 28 days. So not sure how long she's been laying on them, but we should be seeing some baby chicks soon. They'll be cute! Be about the size of baby quail when they are born. Not sure how many eggs she has. For sure a couple. But we'll keep you posted. I think Carver might be excited although he's not too fond of chickens after he got attacked by one (Mike took care of him).

2 comments:

Cyndi's Distinctive Creations said...

Awwww...congratulations on the birth of your baby, I know it's been a few months, but his pic is just adorable...sooooo peaceful...And, of course,congrats on the upcoming chickeeesss...love lil chicks...have a great week...hugs Cyndi
cyndisdistinctivecretions.blogspot.com

Victor and Jennika said...

That's just mean...I was soooo excited for you. And I find out it's just chickens