Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Logan Show Results

Someone please don't tell me its already mid August?? Where did the month go? Anyways, we had our last show of the season. Its nice to finally sit back and relax without having to fit in horse training/conditioning. Starting next week, I will have a couple on my list of new training. So they aren't out of it. But I had a blast a Logan. It even rained on Saturday morning and made for a tolerable day after the rain stopped. My herd of boys did good. RJ came away with 2 senior grands and 1 overall grand in halter. He also won his jumping classes as well as his liberty (under 2 judges and got a 2 & 3 under the other 2). Bugs ended up with 2 senior and 2 overall grand championships in halter. He is really starting to take to showing. So I'm excited and he'll start driving training next week. Can't wait to see him in the cart! Paul took his roadster classes. He's a good sport and I'm hoping to get him going for formal pleasure driving (or open). So he'll start next week on learning the proper way to walk and whoa and back. :) Chase did alright. This was a show we really butted heads at. He won his jumping and hunter class, took 3rds in halter out of a huge group. Then threw away his driving. Oh, well. He's headed out to the pasture at a friends house and I'll continue driving him a couple times each week with her horses. Think it'll do him good to have more interaction with driving horses in the ring. She has a nice indoor arena. :) Carver had to miss his leadline. The show went incredibly late on Fri night. So Mike had to leave for work before the class started. But that was alright. I didn't get done showing until 12:15am on Friday and 8:00pm on Saturday. So it made a couple long days for me. But I did get a CD from the proffessional photographers. Hope to have some awesome pics in a month or so. Will post them later when I do recieve them.

No comments: