Monday, March 16, 2009

Carver's First ER Visit....


So Carver went to work with me today. He decided to get on the rolling chair. Well, the chair took off and the back of Carver's head hit the concrete floor. He seemed fine and took a nap on me (he was acting tired and onery before since he got up early). Then after he got up, he started to throw up. So I called the doctor who told me to take him to the ER to have a cat scan done. Carver was a good boy. Daddy sat up on the table with Carver when he got his cat scan done. I got to watch from behind the screen and it was pretty cool to see the images come up on the computer. Every thing looked fine. The PA diagnosed him with a mild concussion and gave him some anti-nausea pills to help stop the vomiting. He also got to eat a whole orange popsicle (they wanted to observe him for a little while) and watch Ellen on tv (one of his favorite shows!). We brought him home and he's back to his usual self. We figured he would be, but its nice to have the piece of mind knowing he isn't bleeding internally. The nurse gave him a blanket so that he could remember his first ER visit.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Oh man! Thats always a little scary. Glad he is ok. SO about music. You are the only person I know...about my age...(besides my sister) who likes stuff like fleetwood mac, lynard skynard, tom petty...LOVE IT!!!