Monday, June 8, 2009

More Horse Show Results...

We had our last AMHA show on Saturday. Took Chase and kicked some major tail! Woohooo!!! I'm so proud of him becuase I've done every stitch of training on that horse (he was a wild beast when I got him). The judges complemented me several times on how nice he is and how well he was progressing in the cart (this is only his 3rd show driving. So he's VERY green). We took first place in jumper, hunter, versatility, AOTE driving, Amateur halter and AOTE halter. We took a first and second in open driving against a proffessionally trained horse. Very proud of that one! And we also took home 2 grand champion senior gelding awards. So not bad at all! I'm taking him to a proffessional trainer this weekend so that he can see him drive and tell me what he needs improvement in. Its hard to see what needs to be improved when you're the one behind the butt. Hahaha! Then off to Missoula Montana with him on the 19-21st.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Hey! We will be in Missula too...just you or the whole fam? If you have time we would love to see you....give us a call

Kinghorn said...

Just me and a horse. I'll be at the Flying A arena (I think that's what its called)?? Headed home on Sunday. So just be there Fri afternoon and showing Sat. If I get done early, I'll give you guys a call. :) Not sure what hotel we're staying at?? My friend reserved it.

JenWright said...

Congrats!